FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT
Throughout her 30 plus-year career in commercial real estate – and living on three continents – Julie has honed her innate ability to connect people and build lasting relationships. That skill, coupled with unwavering integrity, has made her name synonymous with delivering outstanding results and impeccable follow-through.
Julie has amassed vast expertise in real estate development, economic development, corporate real estate outsourcing, and business and general management. Her accomplishments include the development of numerous industrial and office parks, and over 4 million square feet of office, industrial and multi-family housing across the U.S.
Prior to launching KimbleCo in 2014, Julie was vice president/general manager at Johnson Controls Global WorkPlace Solutions. Her tenure there included a London-based role with P&L accountability for a $350M Fortune 100 customer account; leadership of a 600-member team in 32 countries; national leadership for a $200M U.S.-based portfolio, and global business development.
Julie is a 2018 Women Who Lead Honoree, as awarded by Minnesota Business magazine and a 2017 Top Women in Finance as awarded by Finance and Commerce.
For 13 years, she was vice president at Opus, a nationally recognized commercial real estate development firm. Earlier real estate development roles included positions at the St. Paul Port Authority, Northland Development and Boisclair Corporation.
Julie proudly maintains WBE, WOSB and CERT certifications for KimbleCo. She is a native of the Twin Cities, where she resides with her husband. They enjoy spending time with their adult children, and family trips remain a highlight.
NOTABLE ROLES AND DESIGNATIONS
- Licensed Minnesota Real Estate salesperson
- Planning commissioner for the city of Roseville
- Junior Achievement volunteer
- ULI Urban Plan facilitator
- Power of 100 team, Twin Cities Women Who Care
- Association for Corporate Growth
- National Association of Women Business Owners, "NAWBO"
- Ellevate Network
- Multi-term board member, Feed My Starving Children
- Past board of governors, UMORE Development, a U of M company
- Past president, MN chapter of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Past national chair, CREW Foundation (philanthropic arm of CREW)
- Education: St. Catherine University, LaSalle College (Philippines), Brown College
Ericka has earned a reputation for being highly motivated to drive successful outcomes. She puts relationships with clients first, then exceeds their expectations.
Her experience of over 20 years includes development, leasing, corporate real estate and outsourcing. Among her strengths is her curiosity to understand the motivations and requirements of key stakeholders. While real estate is her expertise, helping clients achieve their business goals is her top priority.
Ericka came to KimbleCo from her position as senior managing director with Savills Studley Occupier Services. Prior to that she spent five years with Johnson Controls Global Workplace Solutions. At both companies, she led teams in growing existing business, performed strategic real estate portfolio account management, and pursued new work with national and global corporate clients.
Her career path also includes time at Ameriprise Financial where she oversaw real estate services for over 100 corporate-owned, regional advisor offices, while working through a year-long merger that doubled the portfolio. She also spent five years with Opus Northwest specializing in office and condominium development totaling over $300M.
Ericka lives in the Twin Cities with her family and enjoys traveling, anything outdoors and volunteering with various organizations, including her church.
NOTABLE ROLES AND DESIGNATIONS
- Licensed Minnesota Real Estate Broker
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- President-Elect, Minnesota Commercial Real Estate (MNCREW)
- Various leadership and committee roles with MNCREW, National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP), and CoreNet
- Board member, Progress Valley, a nonprofit organization
- Volunteer, WomenVenture (commercial real estate trainer)
- Graduate, University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire
A career rich with diverse experience in executive and owner roles, Melissa’s professional background includes healthcare, professional services, sales and sales training, non-profit management, marketing and real estate. She has gained experience in all aspects of business working in companies ranging from start-ups to the largest real estate brokerage in the world. Having worn many hats and advised many executives and owners, Melissa understands the importance and impact of every business decision, large and small.
Her commitment to client success and satisfaction is evidenced by the fact that by her second year in real estate, over 90% of her business came from referrals or repeat clients and stayed at that level or above. In less than 12 months, she built a real estate business in a highly competitive market (Austin, TX) driven by repeat customers and referrals (over 90% referral based) and was ranked in the top 10% of Realtors under 40.
One key to her success was the creation of an interview series called Coffee With A Stranger where she interviewed the best and brightest in Austin, TX across various industries, and created a network of successful entrepreneurs and business owners.
Her clients and associates identify her ability to attentively listen, her desire for constant improvement and her commitment to exceeding expectations as the hallmarks of what it’s like to work with Melissa. As a client stated, “Melissa has an incredible head for business and is an asset to all that are lucky to know and work with her.”
NOTABLE ROLES AND DESIGNATIONS
- Licensed Minnesota Real Estate Salesperson
- Volunteer, Augustana Care, 2016-present
- Volunteer, Three Rivers Park District, 2016-present
- Volunteer, Fairview Hospice, 2016-present
- Volunteer, Help at Your Door, 2016-present
- Mentor, Young Women’s Alliance, 2015-2016
- Mentor, Seedling Foundation, 2013-2016
- President, Leadership N. Houston Alumni Board of Directors, 2011-2012
- Mediator (volunteer), Houston Dispute Resolution Center 2008-2012